|Advertise Here Through Medword & Reach Your Target Market For Less. More Info...|
Articles on Writing Resumes, Careers
Getting Hired, & Job Searching:
Getting a Job: Articles: Main Menu
Getting A Job
Here is a menu of a suite of articles that will answer almost all your questions related to getting not just a job, but a medical transcription job, including cover letters, resume, the interview, and negotiating salary and terms of employment. At the bottom of each page you will also find a link that will give you medical transcription job openings posted in the last 60 days at monster.com.
Articles That Trigger Critical Thinking
Here are some articles that may help you think about some important issues:
- Awake the entrepreneur within
- Is Starting Your Own Business the Answer?
- Tired of Your Job? Do Your Own Thing!
- Job Burnout
- Leaving a Job Gracefully
- Should You Stay Put Whether You Like Your Job or Not?
Take the mystery out of writing effective letters for any occasion with these tips and examples.
- Follow Up for the Win
- The Power of a Simple Thank You Note
- Cover Letter Refresher Course
- Cold Cover Letters
Learn how to avoid the faux pas that can ruin your resume, and include the must-haves that will get it noticed.
- Tips for Creating a Concise Resume
- Clean up Your Spotty Work History
- More Than One Goal
- Use Numbers to Highlight Your Accomplishments
- Common Resume Blunders
- Ten Resume Don'ts
- Overqualified You
- Rx for a Retro Resume
- Grabbing Their Attention
- How to Email Your Resume
The interview places you in the spotlight -- and with good preparation you will shine.
- Do You Have Any Questions?
- Smile, You're on Camera
- Handling Multiple Interviewers
- Getting Interview Jitters
- Illegal Questions, Honest Answers
- Stay Cool in the Interview
- You Can Survive the Behavioral Interview
- Interviewing After a Job Loss
- Career Research Made Easy
- The Rejection Letter
- Tell Me About Yourself
- How to Make Them Hire You
- How to Re-enter the Workplace while Touting Your Skills
- Interviewing for a Temporary Position
- Job-Hunting When You Have a Criminal Past
- Informational Interviewing
- Mastering the Phone Interview
- Successfully Closing the Interview
- Dealing with a Chatty Interviewer
- Why Do You Want to Work Here?
- Applying for an Internal Job
- What Did You Like Least About Your Last Job?
- Interview Questions That Will Throw You for a Loop
- Interview Tip: Listen Well
- The Listener Wins
- Five Tips for Listening Well
- Become a Human Lie Detector
- Bad Credit Can Spell Job Search Woes
- Interview Cheat Sheet
- Think Positive
- Declining an Offer
- Ten Interviewing Rules
- Boost Your Confidence
- How to Ask for Feedback
Learn how to get what you want out of your benefits package and negotiate your salary like a pro.
- Their Offer May Not Be As Good As It Appears
- How to Get the Raise You Deserve
- Six Steps to Handling Money Questions
- Set the Right Tone for Your Negotiations
- Top 10 Tips for Successful Salary Negotiations
- Negotiate Your Relocation
- Dealing with Questions About Salary History
- Determining Your Value
- Turning Down the Offer
- Paying for Keeps
- Is the Wage Gap Getting Wider?
- How to Ask for the Raise You Want
Search Amazon via Medword: [Books] [Products] Full Store Listing...
AAMT Book of Style ~ Abbreviations, Acronyms & Symbols ~ "Books For Dummies" ~ Books for Physicians ~ Dorland's Medical "Word" Books ~ Health Care Admin & Home Business Books ~ Herbal Medicine ~ "Made Incredibly Easy" ~ Mavis Beacon Typing Books ~ Medical Atlases of Human Anatomy ~ Medical Billing Guides & Handbooks ~ Medical Career & Employment Books ~ Medical Coding & ICD-9-CM Handbooks ~ Medical Dictation Techniques ~ Medical Dictionaries & Encyclopedias ~ Medical Terminology ~ Medical Transcription ~ Multilingual Medical Reference ~ Nurse Reference Books ~ Office Ergonomics ~ Pocket Medical Dictionaries ~ Prescription Drug Guides ~ Stedman's Medical "Word" Books ~ Medword's Listmania