Olympus Directrec DR-1000
As part of the first set of desktop dictation tools introduced by Olympus, the Directrec DR-1000 boasts features inherent to both professional and general dictation devices and is designed for convenience and comfort, allowing for many hours of consecutive use. The included software helps you automate, streamline and manage files at a whole new level while an advanced configuration tool lets you customize frequently used buttons and allocate specific functions for increased flexibility.
The 360-degree mouse-pointing sensor enables intuitive control ranging from fine to rapid movements since it does not have any mechanical components, and provides virtually maintenance-free reliability without breaking, wearing out, or sticking.
Customizable Programmable Buttons:
Two programmable buttons and their respective functions can be customized to suit particular program settings for a variety of purposes, recording conditions, and user environments.
Highly Sensitive Microphone:
DR-1000 uses ø10mm, highly sensitive, built-in omni directional microphones. Microphone sensitivity can be easily adjusted using the included DSS Player Pro software to better adjust to various conditions including dictations or conferences.
Programmable User ID:
Register an ID directly in the DR-1000 and automatically have it used as part of the file naming convention for all created dictations.
Features and Benefits:
- New and improved microphone system reduces extraneous sounds such as wind or machine noise for high quality sound recording.
- Ergonomic design and convenient button location enables effortless single-handed control without ever having to visually check the placement of function buttons.
- DR-1000 has 2 programmable (A, B) buttons. All button functions are easily customizable to suit a particular preference or any recording environment.
- The 360-degree mouse-pointing sensor provides simple, comfortable control ranging from fine to rapid movements and is highly durable for a virtually maintenance-free performance every time.
- Can be used as a USB microphone or USB speaker without installing a specialty driver. In addition, a powerful built-in speaker provides hi-fidelity acoustic playback.
- Can be used as a remote control for the DSS Player not only for direct recording, but also when editing recorded files on a PC.
- DR-1000 can save a recording as a file on a PC in DSS (Digital Speech Standard) format.
- Two recording modes, SP (Standard Playback) mode or LP (Long Playback) mode.
- Microphone sensor quality can be altered to better suit recording conditions and environment.
- A priority level can be set on each file recorded.
- Up to 10 user ID's and Work Types can be registered in DSS Player Pro. Take advantage of the ability to insert and overwrite on an existing recording file.
- Up to 16 index marks can be set in a file.
- System Sounds (beep) are available to alert you to button operations or warn you of errors. They can be turned on or off according to your preference.
- Professional Grade USB Cable is 10x more durable (more than 20,000 operations in an Olympus durability test) than a regular USB cable.
- Register an ID directly in the DR-1000 and have it become part of the created recording file's naming convention for quick and easy retrieval.
- DR-1000 uses 10mm, highly sensitive, built-in omni directional microphones. The microphone sensitivity can be easily adjusted with the DSS Player to suit the purpose of use.
- DR-1000 firmware can be easily updated to provide additional features or product enhancement.
- In addition to the 2 programmable buttons, further functionality can be supported by combining any button on the DR-1000 with the Shift or Ctrl key on your computer's keyboard. This function is supported by the included DSS Player Pro software.