Digital Voice Recorder
Lawyers, physicians, students and the like can enjoy the advanced features of the compact Olympus DS-2400 Digital Recorder. The features on this device are endless with a new central navigation pod, superb sound, a large backlit LCD, and great file management options with DSS Player software to help keep you organized. All these supply the professional performance you seek in an easy to use, sleek and stylish package.
SD REMOVABLE MEDIA.
The supplied 1GB SD Card provides an ample amount of memory and the durability and reliability you need in a removable media card.
Newly developed DSS Pro(DS2 format) with improved high-quality sound provides highly compressed file size and superior clarity. Supports USB 2.0 High-Speed which enables high speed file transfer to your computer.
CONVENIENT FILE CREATION.
End one dictation and begin the next with a simple press of the "New" button.
Take advantage of the ability to insert and overwrite on an existing recording file.
DSS PLAYER SOFTWARE.
Provides easy file management in your computer. Supports both Windows and Macintosh.
Features and Benefits
|Enjoy plenty of recording time with the included 1GB SD Card removable media.|
|Never miss a beat with the voice activated Variable Control Voice Actuator feature that records audio as soon as it senses sound. It conserves memory and battery life, too.|
|Directly connect to a PC for fast file transfers with convenient PC Link capability.|
- A full dot, backlit LCD provides for easy viewing, even in bright conditions, so you can easily watch your recording times, battery life status and more.
- Save files in high-compression DSS format using the included DSS Player software.
- Manage audio files in up to 5 customizable folders.
- New customizable navigation pod.
- Use the easily accessible "Erase" button to quickly erase single files or entire folders.
- Switch between "Conference" and "Dictation" settings.
- Choose between SP and QP recording modes.
- Finish one dictation and begin the next with a push of the "new" button.
- Place index marks at specific points in passages for quick retrieval.
- Compatible with voice recognition software.
- Enjoy efficient battery power: up to 32 hours provided by two AAA batteries.
- Compact and lightweight design for easy portability.
|Recording Media||SD/SDHC media|
|Recording Time||QP mode: 77 hours, 40 minutes|
SP mode: 159 hours, 5 minutes
|Input Level||-70 dBv|
|LCD||1.7 inch orange LED B/L|
|Folders Messages||5 folders/200 messages per folder|
|Sampling Frequency||QP: 16 khz|
SP: 12 kHz
|Overall Frequency Response||QP: 200 - 7,000 Hz|
SP: 200 - 5,000 Hz
|Demographic Data Input||Yes|
|Practical Maximum Output||250 mW|
|Microphone Jack||�3.5mm, impedance 2kOhm|
|Earphone Jack||3.5mm, impedance 8 Ohm|
|Batteries||Two AAA alkaline or two AAA NiMH batteries|
|External Power Supply||No|
QP mode: Approximately 24 hours
SP mode: Approximately 32 hours
All modes: Approximately 13 hours
|Size||4.47 x 1.97 x 0.67 in. (113.5 x 50.0 x 17 mm), without protrusions|
|Weight||3.9 oz (110 g ), including alkaline batteries|
Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2,3
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2,3 (32bit/64bit)
Windows Vista Home Basic, Service Pack 1 (32bit/64bit)
Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 1 (32bit/64bit)
Windows Vista Business, Service Pack 1 (32bit/64bit)
Windows Vista Ultimate, Service Pack 1 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Mac OS X 10.3.9 "Panther" - 10.5 "Leopard"
Windows 2000/XP: Intel Pentium III 550MHz processor or more
Windows Vista: 800 MHz processor or more
Power PC G3 500 MHz or more/Intel Core Sole/Duo 1.5GHz or more
Windows 2000/XP: 128 MB or more (256 MB or more recommended)
Windows Vista: 512 MB or more (1 GB or more recommended)
256 MB or more (512 MB or more is recommended)
|Video Card and Display||Windows:|
800 x 600 pixels or more, 65,536 colors or more (16.77 million colors or more recommended)
1,024 x 768 pixels or more, 32,000 colors or more
|Removable Drive||CD or DVD drive|
|USB Port||At least one free USB port|
- Instruction Manual
- 1 GB SD Card
- USB Cable
- DSS Player Software
- 2 AAA Batteries