Do You Have What It Takes?
entrepreneurs exhibit an ability to handle many facets of a business. Frances McGuckin, in the book "Business
For Beginners" lists 20 important questions you should ask yourself. The 20 questions below are designed to give
budding entrepreneurs an idea of what traits or qualities are needed or should be developed to operate a successful business.
- Are you a decision-maker or a procrastinator? Can you make quick decisions
and feel comfortable with them?
- Do you relate well to people on all levels?
- Can you join in a conversation with a room full of strangers and feel
- Can you pick up the phone and ask a direct question in an uncomfortable
- Can you direct others to carry out your orders without being too aggressive
- Can you start a project and follow it through, or do you get side-tracked
- Can you express yourself well so that people are interested in what
you are saying?
- Do you like yourself? - Do you like who you are?
- Do you start each day in a positive manner?
- Can you maintain a positive attitude in adverse situations?
- Do you have technical skills in your area of interest and are you
willing to expand them?
- Do you read the financial and business sections of the newspaper?
- Can you cold-call or sell yourself over the phone?
- Do you have sound financial knowledge of how a business operates and
know the difference between gross and net profits?
- Can you express yourself in writing?
- Can you take the initiative and work without direction?
- Are you willing to work long, hard hours?
- Can you work without getting easily distracted?
- Do you understand such words as "cash flow, assets, liabilities,
equity, income, depreciation, goodwill, cost of sales, and working capital?"
- Do you keep legible notes? Do you pay attention to small details?
If you answered "Yes" to at least 15 of the above questions,
you probably have what it takes to be an entrepreneur. As a business owner
you will be required to be able to do many different jobs. If you answered
"No" to any of the above questions, you should try to improve.
Ready for a change? Are you a stay-at-home mom contemplating a return to work or a career woman tired of "punching someone else's time clock"? Read our page with an article on Woman With Entrepreneurial Promise
Medword Resources: Abbreviations & Acronyms
~ Access Symbols
~ ASL Alphabet
~ Back To Basics
~ Big Fish Games
~ Conversion Tools
~ Crosswords / WordSearch / Sudoku
~ Dictation Tips For Doctors
~ Drug Search
~ Drug Names - Prescription & Over-The-Counter
~ Elements Of Style
~ Ergonomic Guide
~ Free Web Clip-Art
~ Free Icons
~ Gastrology Info/Pics/Video
~ Getting Hired Articles
~ Grief & Suicide Terminology
~ Herb Names - Most Common
~ HIPAA Info
~ Hippocratic Oath
~ How Digital Dictation Works
~ How Digital Transcription Works
~ Human Anatomy
~ Letter Templates - Outlines
~ Medical Coder Defined
~ Medical Prefixes
~ Medical Suffixes
~ Medical Specialty Associations
~ Medical Transcription Surveys
~ Medical Terminology List
~ Medical Transcriptionist Defined
~ Muscle Names & Location
~ Newer Drug Names
~ Online Dictionary List
~ Online Medical Dictionary
~ Orphan Drug Names
~ Physicians' Charter
~ Rare Disease Names
~ Sample Job Contracts
~ Sample Medical Transcription
~ Surgical Instruments
~ Transcription Do's & Don'ts
~ Word List / Phrase Samples
~ Word Look-Up OptionsComplete Site List: Here
Medword's Amazon Store:AAMT Book of Style
~ Abbreviations, Acronyms & Symbols
~ "Books For Dummies"
~ Books for Physicians
~ Dorland's Medical "Word" Books
~ Health Care Admin & Home Business Books
~ Herbal Medicine
~ "Made Incredibly Easy"
~ Mavis Beacon Typing Books
~ Medical Atlases of Human Anatomy
~ Medical Billing Guides & Handbooks
~ Medical Career & Employment Books
~ Medical Coding & ICD-9-CM Handbooks
~ Medical Dictation Techniques
~ Medical Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
~ Medical Terminology
~ Medical Transcription
~ Multilingual Medical Reference
~ Nurse Reference Books
~ Office Ergonomics
~ Pocket Medical Dictionaries
~ Prescription Drug Guides
~ Stedman's Medical "Word" Books
]Desktop Microphone Systems
~ Digital Voice Recorders
~ Dragon NaturallySpeaking
~ Foot Pedals
~ Headphones, Noise-Cancelling
~ Headset Ear Cushions
~ Phone-In Dictation & Transcription
~ Practice Transcription with Real Dictation
~ Sony & Sanyo Microcassette Recorders
~ Sony & Sanyo Microcassette Transcribers
~ Sony Memory Sticks & Adapters
~ Standard Cassette Recorder & Transcriber Machine
~ Tape Eraser
~ TENS Units
~ TENS Unit Electrodes
~ Transcriber Machines New & Used
~ WAVpedal Foot Pedal PC Transcription
~ WAVpedal Software Upgrade
~ WAVpedal SpecialsSearch Amazon via Medword: [Books] [Products] [Full Store Listing]